Monday, February 7, 2011

Popup from Popup

There are many ways on how to launch a popup from a popup, and I'm going to demonstrate here a "backingBean-based" of launching this.

So why go programmatic? The reason for this is because most of the time, I would prefer launching one popup at a time, meaning  that when I call the second popup, I first make sure to close the current popup.

So a straight forward sample in launching the popup declaratively looks like this.





As you might already know, this is achieved by simply calling af:showPopupBehavior.

Now let's go for the programmatic approach in making sure we first close the current popup before launching a 2nd one. As I have already mentioned, there are different ways of achieving this without binding your popup to a bean by using javascript for example (see Invoke popup from a popup by Luc Bors ).





Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment